Friday, August 04, 2006

Trip to Italy via Dublin

Friday, August 04, 2006
Well, I'm now in Italy. The trip itself was quite...interesting. And long.
This is the gate area in the JFK New York airport. That was the busiest airport I've ever seen. We were waiting for over an hour and a half, in the plane, to take off.


The great part was, somehow I got assigned to sit in First Class! It was great!


I had puh-lenty of leg room.


I was able to sleep pretty well, going over the ocean, and when woke up, it was getting light outside, and we were approaching dublin.



In Dublin, I had to wait about 12 hours before my flight to Pisa, so I took a bus into the city and started walking around. I saw The Spire,


More later...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been there. I didn't have the chance to travel there so luxuriously, but just getting there is the hard part. And I love that you took the picture in first class while you were still on the phone. Great!
L

Bethanie said...

Mac, cool travels! Definitely post more! But hey, the first picture in the JFK airport . . . the guy in the checkered shirt is Paul's best friend, Brian Mansur!! At least we think so, anyway. It looks exactly like him and he's on vacation! Did you talk to him or were you sitting next to him in that empty chair? Let us know, so wild. Anyway, enjoy the trip!!

Kepsel Family said...

Macky-Bo-Day! I just can't even tell you how stinkin cool this is - for you, of course. I think I'm just thrilled to be sitting here in my hot utah home thinking about all my relatives in Italy, it's neat enough to suffice for now. Good thing I'm easily entertained.

Cousin Sara and Danny said...

While you're in your hot utah home--you could also think of your "hot" relatives in California!! Ha ha...; )

Cousin Sara and Danny said...

Hey, is "Anonymous" Laura??? Hi "L"--I'm finally catchin' on!!

-Sara

Anonymous said...

It is me, Hi Sara!

Sladesnews said...

Gr: ho ho, you are smart, Sara, to figure out who anonymous might be.
So....how'd she get the secret password, etc.?

That is so funny about Brian Mansur, if it truly is him.

Mac, just loved your pictures......
thanks for sharing! we miss you.
and love you, Gr&Gr.

Doyle said...

Duuuuuude, I want to go to the Italies some time too. Sorry, I'm out of the loop... What in the fudge were you doing in the Italies anyway? Oh, you probably don't remember me. I'm Donovan Perry. Yeah, we were in the Brazils at the same time. I was more commonly known as Elder Perry back then. Peace, rock, peanut butter.... ok.. I'm done.